- Sunday 2nd May, 2pm – 6pm
- Marchmont Community Centre, 62 Marchmont St, London WC1N 1AB
- £3 suggested donation waged/ £1 low/unwaged
- Creche provided, please contact us in advance if you will be bringing your child(ren)
- This venue is accessible.
- Tubes: Russell Square, Kings Cross, Euston, Euston Square. Rail: Kings Cross, St Pancras, Euston.
- All genders very welcome.
In 1970 hundreds of women gathered for a free conference at Ruskin College that would launch the Second Wave of feminism. As men provided the childcare, women discussed and debated ideas and experiences, and identified what the aims of the Women’s Liberation Movement as they saw it, should be.
Feminist Fightback invite you to an afternoon of film showings and discussions as we think about how far we have come, what feminism looks like today, how the struggle continues, and put the battles women fight today in the context of the history of the Women’s Liberation Movement.
Films will include:
Journeyman Picture’s A Woman’s Place (1970)
Excerpts from the BBC’s Women series (2010)
[callout title=And then….Let’s Dance!]
join us for an evening of music, drinks and BBQing
7 – 11pm @ Freedom Bookshop, Angel Alley, 84b Whitechapel High Street, London E1 7QX
small entrance fee will go towards struggle of the cleaners at UBS in the City who are organising against their exploitation at the hands of union-busting bosses.
Please call Laura on 07971 842027 or email email@example.com for more information [/callout]